*As of 12:00 pm, on Wednesday, March 18th, we will be closing our lobbies for business.*
We can still assist you…just from a healthy distance! Continue reading to learn how!
At Serve Credit Union, we value the health and safety of both our employees and members. We understand the recent outbreak of COVID-19 continues to raise concern in our community and our state. We are taking precautions to keep everyone safe and working closely with the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH). We will continue to monitor information associated with COVID-19 and proactively keep our members and employees informed if any disruption to our credit union may occur.
Questions you may have:
Can I still pay bills or make loan payments?
- Continue to pay your bills like you always have: check, ACH, online bill pay, etc.
- You can make loan payments via online banking, mobile app, Court Avenue Drive-up, or even mail it in to 423 E Court Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309.
What if I need help from a real person?
- Our drive-up team can assist you.
- Call our team to assist with any issues moving forward: (515) 243-2677 or email at email@example.com
What if I need access to my safe deposit box?
- Contact us for an appointment at 515-243-2677 during regular business hours.
What if I need to sign loan documents?
- Your Serve Lending Team will work with you to set an appointment. Call us at 515-243-2677
If I lost my debit card or credit card, how do I get a replacement?
- Contact our Cards Team at 515-243-2677 and press #1 for debit cards and #2 for credit cards.
What if I am experiencing financial hardship?
Reach out to us so we can review your options together.
What if I want to open a new Membership Account?
You may be thinking is my money safe?
- YES! All of your deposits at Serve Credit Union are Federally Insured by the National Credit Union Administration for up to $250,000.00. In addition, your credit union is financially safe and sound.
- For another helpful resource, click here
What additional measures is Serve taking?
Serve Credit union is following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Iowa Department of Public Health. We’ve also taking a variety of other measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Branches and offices have received additional cleaning and sanitation supplies. Our staff is sanitizing high-traffic surfaces regularly.
- Non-essential events and meetings have been canceled, postponed or adjusted to take place as a virtual meeting.
Please be assured that we’ll continue to monitor updates on the Coronavirus closely, and our response will adapt promptly to initiate new precautionary measures in in our branches as necessary.
We will continue to provide updates on social media and our website, www.servecu.org. For additional information regarding COVID-19 and recommendations to help protect yourself and others, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website.