Loan Officer Serve Credit Union – Des Moines 9/26/2017
Serve Credit Union is looking for a loan officer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will deliver professional, knowledgeable and exceptional member service through all delivery channels. Will also enhance and foster member relationships by identifying members’ needs and cross-selling appropriate products and services. Process member loan requests efficiently and accurately. Identify opportunities for loan growth and product sales. Independently respond to members’ questions, concerns and requests in a timely, competent manner. Maintain safety and security of our members, our employees and credit union assets by adhering to regulations, policies and procedures. Assume primary responsibility for consumer, mortgage and credit card lending programs, including related compliance.
- Accurately and efficiently processes member loan requests and transactions.
- Exercises solid judgment and decision-making skills in compliance with internal credit union policy and procedures and applicable state and federal.
- Evaluates and underwrites loan applications and credit criteria.
- Coordinates and processes closings. Ensures that each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented and processed.
- Notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Looks for cross-sell opportunities at all times, asking the member for additional business. Maximize opportunities to see Serve Credit Union products and services to benefit members and enhance the quality and depth of member relationships and profitability.
- Stays informed regarding local and national economic conditions and legal & regulatory changes.
- Counsels members in relation to their credit history and offer necessary solutions and suggestions.
- Work closely with all lending staff to maximize average turnaround time and efficiency on all loans.
- Ensures proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in the areas of mortgages, home equities, credit cards, collections and consumer lending.
- Assists with collections as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent interviewing skills and able to communicate effectively through excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- Sales experience
- Attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Qualifies as Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) and complies with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration process.
Serve Credit Union is a growing $65 million financial cooperative with 3 locations in the Des Moines Metro area. We serve over 5,100 members including Public Safety Professionals, Government Employees, School Employees and their families in 8 Central Iowa counties. We offer a full benefits package and competitive salary.
We do not have any openings at this time. However, if you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please email it to email@example.com.