Personalized service is a major benefit of banking at Des Moines Police Officers’ Credit Union, and you don’t have to sacrifice convenience to get it. Take advantage of Serve Credit Union’s shared branching services through CO-OP Shared Branch and you can access your account at any of 5,100 credit union branches nationwide, often just as if you were visiting one of our own.
How does shared branching work?
The national CO-OP Shared Branch network links participating credit unions electronically, allowing credit union members to do “branch banking” even when the branch near you doesn’t belong to Serve Credit Union. This is a huge benefit to Serve Credit Union members who travel, whose workplaces don’t coincide with our branch locations, or who simply enjoy the convenience of expanded access. Wherever you are across the country, chances are good there’s a shared branch near you.
What types of transactions can I complete?
When it’s convenient for you, we ask that you continue to conduct business at our office, through an ATM, or via home banking. However, when those locations are not convenient for you…
You can conduct the following transactions at CO-OP Shared Branch locations:
Services that cannot be done at a CO-OP Shared Branch:
(Please visit the Serve Credit Union office for these services)
- Become a member of a credit union
- Add new services or accounts
- Order checks
- Make changes to your accounts, including name and address changes
- Negotiate Third party checks
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my funds from checks I deposit be available immediately? Funds will usually be made available immediately on Government Checks, Federal Reserve or Federal Home Loan Bank Checks, US Postal Money Orders, Payroll Checks up to $2500. All other items will be subject to check holds. If a hold is put on at a CO-OP Shared Branch, members may contact Serve Credit Union to request that the hold be removed. Holds cannot be removed by the staff at the CO-OP Shared Branch.
- Is there a fee for using a CO-OP Shared Branch? Members can make unlimited deposits and loan payments at CO-OP Shared Branch at no charge. Members will also receive six (6) free cash withdrawals per month at CO-OP Shared Branches. Each additional withdrawal beyond six per month will be charged $1.50. We’re pleased to offer this service to our members, however in order to keep our usage fees manageable, we do ask that you continue to conduct business at our office or via Online Banking whenever it’s convenient to do so.
- How can I locate a CO-OP Shared Branch? To find a CO-OP Shared Branch near your home, office, or in a city you’re traveling to, simply call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP (888-748-3266). You can also visit www.co-opsharedbranch.org or download the Shared Branch Locator app for iPhone or Android to find branches nearest you.